Wild Orangutan Tour 4 Days / 3 Nights
Our tour is private or not available for sharing. We have prepared some tour package to help your planning and guide your decision what to do during your visit. 4% of your trip payment will be donated to help the reforestation and education project.
Day 1: Kumai, Sekonyer River
- Greeted at Pangkalan Bun Airport by our friendly Guide with your name plaque card
- Transfer from Airport directly to the boat, where you are welcomed by the full boat crew
- River cruise to Tanjung Puting National Park
- Whilst enjoying the river cruise, spot the wildlife, including: Proboscis monkey, Long tail monkey, wild Orangutan, and much more
- Enjoy a candlelight dinner, while listening to the symphony of nocturnal animals, birds and insects
- Lie on the deck, to gaze at the stars and the clear night time sky
- Go to sleep under the enclosed deck of the klotok, on comfortable mattresses under mosquito nets
*please note that the itinerary above is based upon on afternoon arrival. Arrangements can be made for an early pick-up from the airport and a viewing of the orangutans on your first day
Day 2: Camp Leakey, Pondok Ambung
- Wake up to the sounds of the Borneo jungle
- Breakfast on the klotok with hot coffe,tea,breed and etc.
- Take a short trek to explore the rainforest and discover wild-orangutan and other wildlife
- Return to the klotok for enjoying your lunch and cold mineral water
- View afternoon feeding of the orangutans on the outskirts of Camp Leakey
- Back on boat for afternoon snacks, while also looking out for crocodiles while river cruising
- Brave a night trek through the jungles of Borneo, searching for glowing mushroom, tarantulas, nocturnal moths, deer, and tarsier- small nocturnal primate, unique to the region.
- Dinner on the klotok
- Overnight on the boat, where you can view the starts and nightlife
Day 3: Camp Leakey
- Breakfast on the boat
- Visit to Camp Leakey, to learn all about the camp at its information centre.
- Do a jungle trek to further discover the magic of the rainforest
- Lunch on board
- Return to Camp Leakey for orang-utan feeding and trek
- Back to the boat for afternoon tea and fried banana delights
- Rest of the day for leisure and relaxation
- Delicious Dinner on the boat, surrounded by the magic of the rainforest
- Overnight on the boat, amidst the sounds of the rainforest
Day 4: Pondok Tanggui, Pesalat, village and Tanjung Harapan
- Breakfast on the boat
- Cruise downstream to second station to witness an early morning orangutan feeding
- Enjoy Lunch on the klotok
- Visit the reforestation site at Pasalat and plant trees to help and learn about the conservation plan for the rainforest.
- Make memories and help make a lasting impact on the restoration of the rainforest
- Learn about the medicinal properties of the various plants of the rainforest
- Visit the local village and spend time with the locals, view hand-made souvenirs
- Afternoon orangutan feeding at Tanjung Harapan
- Transfer to and arrangement made for a night’s accommodation in Pangkalan Bun.
- Boat rental and full crew
- Mineral water is provided
- All meals whilst on the Boat, including breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner. Arrangements can be made for vegetarian
- Tea, coffe and condense milk always available for your enjoyment
- Park entrance, camera tax, Boat parking fees, and all site donations are included in the above quoted prices
- Car to transfer from and to Airport or Hotel
- Airport taxes and extra baggage fees
- Travel insurance
- Expenses incurred due to force majeure
- Personal expenses
- Please advise us before hand of any special dietary requirements or physical disabilities.
- First day itinerary depends on the arrival time at Pangkalan Bun Airport − morning arrival will be able to view the orangutan feeding on day one also early departure can be arrange in order to make a flight out of Pangkalan Bun on the last day of the trip.
- Our tour isn’t written in stone you could discuss with your guide for any changes but without change in price.